Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Humility Before God

 Scripture:

“My hands have made both heaven and earth; they and everything in them are mine. I, the Lord, have spoken! “I will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts, who tremble at my word.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭66‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God tells us here through Isaiah that He will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts and who tremble at His word. This passage is in the midst of Him speaking of the new heavens and new earth, but God’s principles are always the same. He lifts up the humble and those who honor and tremble at His word. 

Application:

The best place to be in the Kingdom of God is in the place of humility and contrition. God resists, or fights against, the proud and gives grace to the humble. Pride destroys, but humility is honored by God. Contrition, which is expressing remorse or penitence, is also honored by God. We must always walk in humility and give God the glory for all He does. God does not work well with prideful people who think they are something special.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are great and glorious. You are omnipotent and powerful! You are awesome and I love You! May Your name be exalted in the whole world and may the nations proclaim Your goodness. Help me to walk in humility before You all the days of my life. Help me to know the balance between confidence and pride. Show me day by day how to live a life that You can bless.Let me tremble at Your word.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment