Thursday, October 17, 2024

You Must be in His Presence to Hear His Words

 Scripture:

““Have any of these prophets been in the Lord’s presence to hear what he is really saying? Has even one of them cared enough to listen?” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭23‬:‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking to Jeremiah about the prophets of Judah. He told Jeremiah that they were speaking of their own accord and not what God was saying. I see here that God asks a couple of questions to Jeremiah that are worth pondering. He asks, “Have any of these prophets been in the Lord’s presence to hear what He is really saying?” He also asked if any of them even cared enough to listen to God. 

Application:

You hear from God in the presence of God. Before we give any message FOR God, we must spend time WITH God. We must HEAR Him before we can speak on His behalf. We must be in His presence in order to hear Him. I need to spend more time in the presence of the Lord, hearing what He wants me to speak to His people. 

Prayer:

Father, I don’t want to prophesy what You are not saying. Help me to be accurate with Your words. I want to speak what You are truly saying to Your people. Speak to me Lord. Open my ears. Help me to spend more time in Your presence and less time focusing on what I can say. Speak to me Lord I pray.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment