Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Peace and Righteousness

 Scripture:

“Oh, that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭48‬:‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This passage demonstrates God wishing His people had listened to His commands. He says, “if only you had listened to my commands.” Then you would have peace like a river and righteousness would be rolling over you like waves. In other words, God wanted to bless them with peace and righteousness, but they chose not to listen to Him commands. Today, God wants to bless His people, but He needs His people to choose holiness and obedience to Him over other things.

Application:

Many people are looking for peace, but peace comes from obedience to God. When we walk with God and do what he says on a continual basis, we will see His good hand revealed in our lives. Many want God’s blessings, but don’t want to listen to His commands. As for me, I want to do what He wants me to do. I want to hear the words, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”

Prayer:

Father, teach me Your ways. Speak to me and help me to walk in obedience in all things. Let my life exemplify peace and righteousness. Help me to live a life that pleases You. You are worthy of my very best!

Forever Yours, 

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment