Thursday, October 3, 2024

Leave Results in God’s Hands

 Scripture:

“I replied, “But my work seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose. Yet I leave it all in the Lord’s hand; I will trust God for my reward.”” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭49‬:‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah was given the difficult task of telling Israel their sins and calling judgment on them and the nations around them. Nobody seemingly listened to him, but he had to deliver the message. This verse shows his humanity. He says that his work seemed useless and purposeless, but he was obedient. He states here that he trust the Lord for his reward and he left it all in God’s hands.

Application:

Sometimes God asks us to do hard things that seem unproductive. Sometimes God needs us to do things that don’t seem successful in the world’s eyes, but He still wants us to be obedient and faithful to do what He says. When it seems like we are not seeing the results we would like, we must be able to do like Isaiah and leave it all in the Lord’s hand, trusting God for our reward. Even when we feel like our life is not producing the fruit we want or expect, we must walk in obedience and trust God with the results, knowing that God will take care of us when we are obedient to Him.

Prayer:

Father, I confess today that I like to see visible results when I put my whole heart into things. Help me to walk in obedience and trust You with the results. Help me to be more concerned about doing what You say than about seeing the results I think I should see. Help me to be faithful to Your calling and to give You my very best, even when I’m not seeing the results I would like to see.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment