Wednesday, October 16, 2024

The Lord Stands Beside Me

 Scripture:

“But the Lord stands beside me like a great warrior. Before him my persecutors will stumble. They cannot defeat me. They will fail and be thoroughly humiliated. Their dishonor will never be forgotten.” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭20‬:‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah had to deliver hard messages to God’s people and they didn’t like him very much. His messages were harsh and not easy, but his job was to deliver them. In this passage he talks about his view of the Lord and the courage it gives him. He says that the Lord stands beside him like a great warrior who will fight his enemies. He knew that his enemies would be defeated by the Lord and they would be humiliated. He had strong confirmation in his heart that as he delivered the word of the Lord that the Lord of the word would fight his enemies.

Application:

As we do what the Lord has called us to do, we can walk in confidence that He will fight our battles and defeat those who rise up against us. I need to walk in the confidence only God can give and know in my heart that He has my back. I want to walk with God and do exactly what He calls me to do, then let Him deal with those who are against me.

Prayer:

Father, You are a good God. You have been faithful to me all my life and I appreciate You. I ask You this morning to confirm my calling and make it clear that I am in obedience to You in every area of my life. Let there be no disobedience in me. Help me to trust that You will take care of my back as I do what You ask me to. I simply want to do Your will in all things. I am Yours. Let me see that You are beside me like a great warrior.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment