Friday, October 4, 2024

Occupy!

 Scripture:

““Enlarge your house; build an addition. Spread out your home, and spare no expense! For you will soon be bursting at the seams. Your descendants will occupy other nations and resettle the ruined cities.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭54‬:‭2‬-‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah is given a word for God’s people here that is powerful. After prophesying lots of judgment and gloom and doom, God says to get ready to be blessed. He tells them to enlarge their house and spare no expense because they would soon be bursting at the seams. They are told that their descendants will occupy other nations and resettle ruined cities. This jumped off the page at me this morning because I believe it is a word directly for me today and the church I lead. I believe we are ready to walk in God’s blessing and see His growth. The second part is even more appropriate for Word of Life. Our descendants will occupy other nations.

Application:

I believe in the coming season at Word of Life, we will see the blessing of God like we have never seen before. We have just this year taken steps to enlarge our borders and the expense has been paid. I believe we will shortly be bursting at the seams. I believe we will send missionaries around the world through our church. Because this is my belief, I must act on it. We must begin to move into our destiny of raising sons and daughters who will occupy the nations.

Prayer:

Father, give me the strength, vision, and direction to lead Word of Life into the destiny You have designed for her. Enable me to lead well and to cast the vision You are putting in my heart. Help me to be faithful to the calling You have put on my life and let me fulfill Your plans and purposes. I want to hear well done good and faithful above anything else. I am Yours. Take my hand and lead me step by step. Let those from our congregation occupy the nations.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment