Friday, November 10, 2023

We Are His Temple

 Scripture:

“and I was told to give this message to the people of Israel. This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will defile my Temple, the source of your security and pride, the place your heart delights in. Your sons and daughters whom you left behind in Judah will be slaughtered by the sword.” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭24‬:‭21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God was trying to wake up Israel and told them He was going to destroy them if they didn’t turn back to Him. In this passage, I see God saying He will defile His Temple, the source of their security and pride and the place their hearts delight. The Temple, in their day, was the place that housed the presence of God Almighty. The Temple gave them peace and safety. Similarly, the presence of God, which now resides in us, bring us peace, safety, and security.

Application:

The Israelites felt that everything was going to be okay when they saw the Temple. Today, God’s presence within us should give us comfort and confidence that everything is going to be okay. God no longer lives in a man made temple, but in the hearts of His people. We must remember that when things get difficult. We are the Temple of the Holy Spirit, therefore, there is nothing to fear.

Prayer:

Father, You are good and Your mercy endures forever. Your presence is heaven to me. Let me always know and walk in Your presence. Teach me to function in this world with Your presence around me and in me. I long for You and want You to lead me, guide me, and direct my steps. I am Yours. 

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment