Sunday, November 5, 2023

Provoking God’s Anger

 Scripture:

““Have you seen this, son of man?” he asked. “Is it nothing to the people of Judah that they commit these detestable sins, leading the whole nation into violence, thumbing their noses at me, and provoking my anger?” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭8‬:‭17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking to Ezekiel in this passage about the sins of the people of Judah. God asks Ezekiel if it was nothing for His people to be walking away from Him and worshiping other gods. God says they were provoking His anger through the worship of other gods. I see hear how deeply the Lord loves us and wants us committed to Him and Him alone. He is a jealous God and doesn’t want to share His people with any other gods.

Application:

We need to see out sins and mess ups how God sees them. When we walk away from Him and His ways, He sees it as us provoking Him, thumbing our noses at I’m and committing detestable sins. God hates sin and disobedience and we must live our lives with this in mind. We love to talk about the love of God, but we are to also have a healthy fear of God.

Prayer:

Father, let my life bring You honor. Help me to live in such a way that You are pleased. When I get off going my own direction, put me back of course. Teach me to follow Your ways and to know Your heart. Let my life be lived for Your glory. I want to live a life You are pleased with and that You bless.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment