Thursday, November 2, 2023

Hospitality

 Scripture:

“Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!”  ‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The author of Hebrews tells us here that we need to show hospitality to strangers because sometimes we are entertaining angels and don’t know about it. We must be cautious with how we treat strangers. We should not be quick to judge from a distance when we don’t know people. We need to love and treat every person we meet with true hospitality and love, with no thought about whether they might be an angel or not. 

Application:

Treating people with hospitality is very important in our lives. We should live lives that make everyone feel welcomed and loved around us. We should treat strangers well and should do it from a right heart. People see Jesus in us through our actions and how we treat others. May we set a good example for people to see the risen Christ, working through our lives. 

Prayer:

Father, help me to practice hospitality well. Help me to never treat people in a wrong way, but to treat each person with dignity and respect. I want to make You look good in and through my life. I want my interactions with people to exemplify Christ. I want my hospitality to be at the highest levels. I want to serve You well in my generation.

Yours Always,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment