Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Repentance and Realignment

 Scripture:

“Put all your rebellion behind you, and find yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O people of Israel? I don’t want you to die, says the Sovereign Lord. Turn back and live!” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭18‬:‭31‬-‭32‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is crying out here to Israel telling them to put their rebellion away and find a new heart and a new spirit. His reason, He doesn’t want them to die. He wants them to turn back and live. God disciplines like a good father, He hates to do it, but He will do it if necessary. His goal is our blessing, but we have to align with Him ways to receive His blessing.

Application:

When we mess up, we simply have to turn back, or repent, and live. God loves it when His people admit their sins, and turn away from them. When we realize there is anything in our lives that displeases the Lord, we need to be quick to repent and turn to God. He longs for us to make things right because He longs to bless us. He just can’t until we are doing things His way according to His covenant.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are awesome and powerful! You are majestic and glorious! You are everything to me. Be with me today. Walk with me and talk with me today. Empower me to flow with You on our trip to Argentina. Speak through me. Work through me. I give myself to You completely today. Be glorified in my life. Eliminate anything that pulls me away from You. 

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment