Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Know God and Demonstrate Love

 Scripture:

“I want you to show love, not offer sacrifices. I want you to know me more than I want burnt offerings.”‭‭ Hosea‬ ‭6‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking through Hosea what He wants Israel and Judah to know. They had been prostituting their walk with Him and worshiping other gods. He was telling them He wanted them to show love, not sacrifices. He said He wants them to know Him more than He wants burnt offerings. God’s desire is for His people to know Him and walk with Him more than follow the rules.

Application:

God is more interested in our love for Him and knowing Him than He is with sacrifices and rules and regulations. Jesus was a rule breaker, but a lover of His Father. We need to realize that God is more impressed with how we love than He is with our discipline. We need to make our lives more about knowing God and showing love than about obeying all the rules. God wants our hearts.

Prayer:

Father, make me real. Teach me to worship You in Spirit and in truth. Show me how to love You well and to know You more intimately. I want to walk with You and to know You at a deeper level. Show me Your ways and Your desires. Teach me Your truths and let my life bring Your praise.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment