Tuesday, November 7, 2023

God Always Reaffirms His Covenant

 Scripture:

“And I will reaffirm my covenant with you, and you will know that I am the Lord. You will remember your sins and cover your mouth in silent shame when I forgive you of all that you have done. I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!”” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭16‬:‭62‬-‭63‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Ezekiel had been prophesying death and destruction to Israel and Judah for their many sins. In this passage we see a turning from punishment back to blessing. God told them He would reaffirm His covenant with them, they will repent and be full of shame, and He will forgive them. God’s heart is always for restoration.

Application:

Even when God allows us to go through terrible things because of our mistakes, He is always looking forward to our return to Him. He waits for us to cry out to Him. He longs for us to depended on Him and trust Him. He has to let us go through things to teach us, but His heart is always on restoration. We must learn to be the same. If God’s heart is always for restoration, our heart should be as well.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are high and lifted up and Your glory is incredible! I love You and worship You today. Teach me Your ways and help me to live according to them. Help me to always seek restoration when people mess up. Help me to always see the day of renewal and blessings instead of just what is happening at the current moment. 

Your Son,

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment