Saturday, November 4, 2023

Then You Will Know

Scripture:

“The king and the prince will stand helpless, weeping in despair, and the people’s hands will tremble with fear. I will bring on them the evil they have done to others, and they will receive the punishment they so richly deserve. Then they will know that I am the Lord.”” ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭7‬:‭27‬ ‭NLT‬‬ 

Observation:

The entire chapters of today’s reading were filled with God declaring judgment and pain and suffering on His people Israel. Over and over He declares judgment on them, then declares, “Then they will know that I am the Lord.” He is basically saying, “I don’t want to do this, but since you are going your own way and doing your own thing, I will let you but it won’t end well. His desire would be that they would simply serve Him and trust Him and know that He is the Lord, then none of this would need to happen.

Application:

God simply wants His people to do what they know they should be doing. He wants a people who listen. To His decrees and live according to His laws. His desire is to bless His people, but we must act like His people and live His way. There is nothing to fear when we are serving God completely and with our full hearts. It is when we don’t acknowledge Him and live to serve Him that things start going crazy. The answer is quick and complete obedience. 

Prayer:

Father, I hear Your heart in this and many other passages. You heart is found repeated over and over, “then they will know that I am the Lord.” I know You are Lord. Help me to serve You well. Work in my life, my family, my church, and my region. Use my life for Your glory and let my life bring Your honor and praise. May You never have to say, “then you will know I am the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment