Saturday, November 11, 2023

Hated Now, Respected Later

 Scripture:

““And the day will come when I will cause the ancient glory of Israel to revive, and then, Ezekiel, your words will be respected. Then they will know that I am the Lord.””  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭29‬:‭21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Ezekiel had been prophesying terrible things for Israel, Judah, and all the surrounding nations. I’m sure everyone hated Ezekiel for his words from the Lord, they were almost never good. He faithfully obeyed the Lord, no matter how unpopular he became. Now, Israel has revived and the world is looking to the words of Ezekiel to see what is next and respecting his prophetic words. 

Application:

Sometimes God gives us hard things to do. We must remain faithful to complete the assignments He gives us, whether people like what we have to say or not. Real fruit is determined much later. The words that are not accepted now, will be proven true later, and everyone will respect your words. Our job is to be faithful, whether people want to hear or not, and leave the results in God’s hands.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to live by sight, but by faith. Let me accomplish Your will with my life. Teach me Your ways and let me accurately teach Your word. Let me always fear You over fearing any person. Let me finish my days strong and faithful to all You have commissioned me to do.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment