Saturday, February 25, 2023

Trust and Obey

Scripture:

“Be assured that I will send my blessing for you in the sixth year, so the land will produce a crop large enough for three years. When you plant your fields in the eighth year, you will still be eating from the large crop of the sixth year. In fact, you will still be eating from that large crop when the new crop is harvested in the ninth year.” ‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭25‬:‭21‬-‭22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God speaks in this passage, about the Sabbath year of rest and then the year of Jubilee as it concerns their harvests. They were told to work the field for six years then let it rest for year seven. On Jubilee years, they actually had to let the land rest 2 years. God promised HIs people that if they honored Him, He would give them such an abundant harvest on the sixth year that they would still be eating it when harvest starts on the ninth year. 

Application:

When you do things God’s ways, you get God results. God is able to multiply what You put in His hands and trust Him with. It takes faith for a farmer to not plant for two years in a row. It has the potential to destroy the entire economy of Israel and their food supply, but when you walk with God in obedience, He will supply. We must learn to obey God, when it makes sense to us and when it doesn’t. Trust and obey, there is no other way, the the results are supernatural.

Prayer:

Father, I want to live a life of faith. Help me to trust You and obey You when I don’t se the provision in front of me. Help me to live by faith and not my sight. Teach me to do Your will and to hear Your voice so I can respond correctly. Show me the way forward and I will walk. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment