Monday, February 13, 2023

God’s Point of View

 Scripture:

“Jesus turned around and looked at his disciples, then reprimanded Peter. “Get away from me, Satan!” he said. “You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s.””  ‭‭Mark‬ ‭8‬:‭33‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When Jesus began to tell His disciples that He was going to Jerusalem and was going to die on a cross, Peter reprimanded the Lord saying it would never happen because he would never let it happen. Jesus turned to Peter and said, “Get away from me, Satan! You are seeing things merely from a human point of view and not from God’s.”

Application:

We must seek, as believers, what God’s point of view is. We are good at knowing what we want in life and  determining our vision and mission, but we must see things from God’s point of view. When things happen in the world around us, we must look, not with our own eyes, but from God’s perspective. Rather than seeing just what we can see, we must seek to see everything from God’s point of view, which is generally radically different than our own.

Prayer:

Father, I want to operate with Your perspective. I long to see what You see when I look at the world around me. Help me to not be limited by what I think needs to happen in any given situation, but to press into You and see Your perspective. Help me to live by faith and not by sight. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment