Saturday, February 11, 2023

Recognized by Hell

 Scripture:

“And whenever those possessed by evil spirits caught sight of him, the spirits would throw them to the ground in front of him shrieking, “You are the Son of God!””  ‭‭Mark‬ ‭3‬:‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The people didn’t always recognize Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of God, but evil spirits recognized Him every time. When the spirits would just catch sight of Jesus, they would be thrown to the ground and start shrieking that He was the Son of God. Religious Pharisees didn’t recognize Jesus, but hell did. 

Application:

Maybe, rather than making our name known in the church, we should be more like Christ and be known in  hell by the evil spirits. I want to live a life that makes demons shudder and scream out when they are in my presence. Christ, who this happened to, resides in me by the Holy Spirit, therefore hell should recognize me. I long to be one and operate as one with Jesus. I want to live like He lived and do what He did. I want to walk in step with Him and for Him to operate through me on this earth.

Prayer:

Lord, You are awesome and I worship You! I want to operate as one with You. I long for Your presence and Your touch. When I speak, let it be Your words. When I touch, let it be Your hands. When I respond, let it be how You would respond. I want hell to recognize Jesus in my life like they recognized Jesus when He walked the earth. Fill me to overflowing and let me represent You well.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Amen!!! This is SO good. I pray that hell recognizes Jesus in my life and that I live in a way that makes demons shudder and shriek because of Christ who lives in me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you on here! I pray God continues to work in your life in awesome ways as you hunger and thirst after Him.

    ReplyDelete