Friday, February 24, 2023

Take Care of the Poor

 Scripture:

““When you harvest the crops of your land, do not harvest the grain along the edges of your fields, and do not pick up what the harvesters drop. Leave it for the poor and the foreigners living among you. I am the Lord your God.””  ‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭23‬:‭22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, one can see the heart of God for the poor and the foreigner. He tells the people of Israel, who are His special people, that they were to not harvest along the edges of the fields nor pick up the harvest they drop, but to leave it for the poor and the foreigners living in Israel. This was a beautiful way of providing for the poor and also taught God’s people of His love for all people and not just them.

Application:

God always takes care of the poor. Even in His law, He made sure the poor and foreigner were taken care of. He wants His people to make sure everyone has food to eat and be provided for. In the church world today, we should be strong about taking care of the poor and needy in our society. It is on God’s heart and it should be on our hearts.

Prayer:

Father, help me to not turn a blind eye to the poor and needy. Help me to operate as you operate. Teach me to love what You love and hate what You hate. Help me to care of who You love and despise the thing You hate. I am Yours all the days of my life. Help me to live in a way that pleases You completely. I want to work as one with You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment