Thursday, February 23, 2023

Slow Results

 Scripture:

“In the fourth year the entire crop must be consecrated to the Lord as a celebration of praise. Finally, in the fifth year you may eat the fruit. If you follow this pattern, your harvest will increase. I am the Lord your God.” Leviticus‬ ‭19‬:‭25‬ -26 NLT‬

Observation:

God speaks here about planting fruit trees. He tells His people that they can’t eat anything from them in the first three years, then the fourth year they need to give the entire fruit product to the Lord as a celebration of praise, then finally in the fifth year, they can eat the fruit. God told them if they follow this order, their produce will increase. 

Application:

It’s hard to wait three years for anything, especially today. Then, when it finally is ready to produce pretty well, God asks for the entire harvest. The blessing is that, after four years, the produce will be greater, and will last for many many years to come. If we are faithful in the little things, when there seems to be no produce in our hands, God remembers and multiplies. There are times in life when we will put seed in the ground, then wait and wait for the harvest. Eventually, the harvest will come in because God is the Lord of the harvest.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to give up before the harvest season. I know I tend to want quick harvests Lord, but I ask You to help me do the right thing. I want to offer You my firstfruits, even when I have waited for a harvest for a long time. Help me to serve You well father. Teach me patience after the planting.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment