Thursday, February 2, 2023

Teach, Instruct, and Demonstrate

 Scripture:

“Teach them God’s decrees, and give them his instructions. Show them how to conduct their lives.”‭‭Exodus‬ ‭18‬:‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Moses’ father-in-law came to him with his wife and two sons. He realized Moses was overworking and wouldn’t have time for his family. Everyone focuses on the delegation of work in this story, but I see here that Jethro also told him to teach God’s decrees, give them his instructions, and show them how to conduct their lives. After this word, he told Moses to delegate the bulk of the work to others whom he trusted. 

Application:

Leading God’s people well means teaching them God’s decrees. As a pastor/leader, my job is to teach God’s word to the people entrusted to me. I am also commissioned to give them God’s instructions and to show them how to conduct their lives. If you teach people to live well and teach them God’s ways and decrees, it will slow down the amount of help they need in settling disputes, etc.

Prayer:

Father, help me to lead well. Enable me to teach the people You have entrusted to me with excellence so their lives may be blessed and prosperous. Empower me to show them how to conduct their lives. Help me to help people, so they can live in Your blessing. Raise up people at Word of Life who are godly and don’t need others to settle their disputes because we have trained them well.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment