Wednesday, February 8, 2023

God’s Self Description

 Scripture:

“The Lord passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.” ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭34‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

At this point in the Scriptures, Moses had met with God on Mount Sinai for the second time. It says here that the Lord passed in front of Moses and gave His self-description. He said, “Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.” God described Himself in this passage as full of compassion and mercy. Slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. 

Application:

Our goal should be to take on the attributes of God Almighty. In order to do so, we should learn to be full of compassion, mercy, unfailing love and faithfulness, and slow to anger. If we are to reflect God in his glory, we must live according to His ways. Love and faithfulness should flow like a river from us. Compassion and mercy should be our second nature. While working on the fun stuff of faith, healing, power, deliverance, etc. we need to remain focused on these attributes that God describes Himself with.

Prayer:

Lord, make me more like You. Let my life be filled with compassion and mercy. Teach me to be slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. Help me to live as You live and walk as You walk. Teach me to represent You well in my generation. Let Your self-description be the description others see in my life. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment