Monday, April 29, 2019

The Prayer You Don’t Want to Pray

Scripture:

“Now the people went to Bethel and sat in the presence of God until evening, weeping loudly and bitterly. “O Lord, God of Israel,” they cried out, “why has this happened in Israel? Now one of our tribes is missing from Israel!””
‭‭Judges‬ ‭21:2-3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In the times of the Judges, Israel did what was right in their own eyes instead of wholeheartedly following the Lord.  When things went bad, they would cry out to the Lord and He would hear their cry.  Here, the response of the people was right, but it shouldn’t have had to go that far before they cried out to the Lord.

Application:

Sometimes God is our last resort, when He should be the first place we run.  Instead of running to Him early, we wait until the situation is out of control or something terrible has happened.  If we should cry out to the Lord before the problems hit hard, maybe it wouldn’t get so bad.  I need to learnt to cry out to God before the problems get too bad.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk with You and live a submitted life.  Help me not to wait until the situations of life are in a terrible place before crying out to You.  You are my life and my salvation.  Guide me on the right path and let my heart always be right with You.  Teach me to cry out early instead of letting things go too far.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment