Tuesday, April 30, 2019

All Because of Jesus

Scripture:

“Yet through his powerful declaration of acquittal, God freely gives away his righteousness. His gift of love and favor now cascades over us, all because Jesus, the Anointed One, has liberated us from the guilt, punishment, and power of sin!”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:24‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Romans here that the works of the Law will never be able to save us, but that the grace of God.  Rather than working to be righteous, Paul says that God freely gives away his righteousness and all because Jesus has liberated us from the guilt, punishment and power of sin.  I see here that it is all because of Jesus and not my own works.

Application:

My faith is in the works of Jesus and not my own.  Knowing I would never be able to be good enough to deserve to be declared righteous, Jesus did it for me.  He has liberated me from guilt, punishment and the power of sin.  It is not by my works, but by the incredible gift of God that I have right-standing with God.  I should live a life of absolute thankfulness to Christ who paid the price for me.

Prayer:

Lord, let Your love and grace flow through my life.  Thank you for setting me free from the power of the sin and the punishment of sin.  Thank you for doing all the work for my salvation.  Now live through me and let my life bring Your glory.  Let my life shine Your light for the world to see.  Help me to live thankful each day for the gift of grace.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment