Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Just As it Did on Us


Scripture:

““Shortly after I began to speak, the Holy Spirit was poured out upon them, just like what happened to us at the beginning.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭11:15‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

At the home of Cornelius, Peter was preaching and telling them the Good News of Christ.  While he was speaking, the Holy Spirit was poured out on them.  Peter described it as being “just like what happened to us at the beginning.”  

Application:

I realize both incidents were involved in the beginning of something.  The outpouring on Pentecost was the original outpouring of the Spirit on the Jewish church and Cornelius’ house was the original outpouring on Gentiles, but I long for the day when the Holy Spirit falls on those I am speaking to and fills people while I’m speaking.  I long for the power of the Spirit to fall on people this weekend at our Resurrection Sunday services.

Prayer:

Father, pour out Your Spirit in my region.  Pour out Your Spirit in the church I pastor.  Let Your Spirit pour out while I’m speaking.  Let people know that it is You and not a speaker.  Come and fill Your people to overflowing.  Come and baptize Your bride at Word of Life.  Come Holy Spirit and fall on our church.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment