Friday, April 12, 2019

Personal Experience

Scripture:

“The people of Israel served the Lord throughout the lifetime of Joshua and of the elders who outlived him—those who had personally experienced all that the Lord had done for Israel.”
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭24:31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This Scripture is a strong reminder that we are always one generation away from people not really knowing the Lord.  This verse tells me that all who had “personally experienced” all that the Lord had done remained serving Him.  It was possible to grow up in Israel and be trained from a child in the Law, but to not personally experience Him.  We need a move of God in every generation where the next generation can experience God.

Application:

Personally experience is not something we can use to build doctrines on, but it is crucial in the life of every believer.  Every believer needs to have a personal experience with the Lord.  If not, it will fade away and the next generation won’t see that God is God.  Every person needs an encounter with God where their remains no doubt about their faith.

Prayer:

Father, I don’t want to build a ministry on experiences, but I do want everyone I speak to in any context to have an experience with You.  I want people to know without any doubt or question that You are real.  I want the demonstration of Your power everywhere I preach or teach.  I want people not just to know Your word, but to know You personally.  Work with me to make that happen.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment