Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The Blessing of Hard Work

Scripture:

“The next allotment of land was given to the half-tribe of Manasseh, the descendants of Joseph’s older son. Makir, the firstborn son of Manasseh, was the father of Gilead. Because his descendants were experienced soldiers, the regions of Gilead and Bashan on the east side of the Jordan had already been given to them.”
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭17:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

As the allotments of land were being given out to the people of Israel, Gilead and Basham were not even disputed but given to Gilead’s descendants because they were experienced soldiers and Joshua knew they could take care of themselves.  They had worked hard at becoming strong soldiers, then when it was time to inherit the land, they got what they wanted because they were trained for it.  Their training opened the doors for their inheritance.

Application:

We must not only pray for our Promised Land and our inheritance, we must prepare for it.  We must get ourselves ready for what we are praying for.  That may be through education, physical training, prayer, etc. but there is something to be said for good hard work.  It produces results and builds confidence that you are ready for your inheritance.

Prayer:

Father, find me faithful to do what You want me to do.  Teach me to be diligent in Your kingdom.  Help me to be prepared for whatever You want to do in my life.  Thank You for all You have done for me.   Show me how. To be ready to inherit all You have called me into..   I am Yours.


Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment