Monday, April 22, 2019

Destined

Scripture:

“For God’s angel visited me last night, the angel of my God, the God I passionately serve. He came and stood in front of me and said, ‘Don’t be afraid, Paul. You are destined to stand trial before Caesar. And because of God’s favor on you, he has given you the lives of everyone who is sailing with you.’”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭27:23-24‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

When Paul was on his way to Rome to stand before Caesar, his ship was being torn apart by a terrible storm and everyone was panicking.  He told them to calm down because and anger had visited him at night and said, “don’t be afraid, Paul.  You are destined to stand trial before Caesar.”  The angel went on to say that he and everyone on the ship would be safe.

Application:

God had spoken over and over to Paul and those around him that he would go to Rome.  It was a matter of destiny.  He knew it and didn’t even resist it because he knew it was God’s doing.  The confirmation from the angel lets me know that when God has destined something for one of His children, no matter what storms come, they will make it through and fulfill their destiny.  Our trust must be in God, who will bring our destiny to pass.

Prayer:

Father, you have spoken many things over my life.  When storms come and go, help me to walk confidently into the destiny You have arranged for me.  I know the days of my life are all written in Your book.  Help me to stay on course and finish Your will and destiny for my life.  When all is said and done, I simply want to finish every assignment You have for me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment