Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Clothed With Power

Scripture:

“Then the Spirit of the Lord clothed Gideon with power. He blew a ram’s horn as a call to arms, and the men of the clan of Abiezer came to him.”
‭‭Judges‬ ‭6:34‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

I love descriptions like this one.  It says that the Spirit of the Lord “clothed” Gideon with power.  He had devoted himself to the Lord and had proven he was willing to risk his life in service to the Lord by tearing down his own father’s images of Baal.  Now, when he was going to be used by God to deliver his people, the Lord clothed him with power.

Application:

As New Testament Christians, we have the Holy Spirit clothing us with power at all times instead of only one in a while when needed.  There was a marked difference in Gideon that people could see when he was clothed with power.  I want a live a life that is clothed with God’s power.  I want God to flow through my life.  I see no reason as a NT believer, that I shouldn’t be clothed with power from on High at all times.  I want that in my life.

Prayer:

Father. Cloth me with Your power to see captives released.  Let me see that day of Your salvation at a much larger scale.  I want to see revival in my day.  I want to see the day of Your glory being manifested in the earth.  Help me to align myself more and more to You.    Teach me whatever I need to know.  Help me to yield more and more of myself to You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment