Thursday, April 4, 2019

Jesus Settles our Doubts

Scripture:

“Then, looking into Thomas’ eyes, he said, “Put your finger here in the wounds of my hands. Here—put your hand into my wounded side and see for yourself. Thomas, don’t give in to your doubts any longer, just believe!””
‭‭John‬ ‭20:27‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

When Jesus first showed up after His resurrection, Thomas was not there.  The other disciples told him that Jesus had resurrected and met with them.  Thomas said he wouldn’t believe until he saw the wounds and put his hand in the Jesus’ side.  Jesus didn’t rebuke him for doubting, He settled his doubts and allowed gave him something strong to believe in.

Application:

Jesus understands when we have doubts.  He doesn’t want us to stay in our doubts and let our doubts control our lives, but He will demonstrate his love for us and prove Himself to us when we have doubts.  Once he settles our doubts, we then must remain faithful.  Thomas remained faithful and never questioned again.  He took the Gospel all the way to south India.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to never doubt You again.  You have demonstrated Your love to me over and over in my life.  You have blessed me miraculously many times.  You have healed me, blessed me, protected me, and worked with me throughout my life.  I love You and want to serve You well all the days of my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment