Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Peace

Scripture:

“And everything I’ve taught you is so that the peace which is in me will be in you and will give you great confidence as you rest in me. For in this unbelieving world you will experience trouble and sorrows, but you must be courageous, for I have conquered the world!””
‭‭John‬ ‭16:33‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

As Jesus was preparing for His own death, He began to reveal much more clearly to His disciples what was about to happen.  Here He told them that everything He taught them is so that His peace will be in them, which would give them great confidence as they rested in Him.  He goes on to say that He has overcome the world so they could have peace and confidence.

Application:

It is clear here that Jesus did all the work so we wouldn’t have to.  He wants us to rest in Him and allow Him to do the work.  He wants His people at rest and full of peace, no matter what is going on around them.  We are promised trouble, but we are also promised courage, peace, and rest because Jesus overcame the world.  In Him, we find our peace and rest.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in the peace Jesus provided for us.  Show me how to rest in quiet confidence that Christ has overcome the world.  Let faith not be something I have to work up, but something I can rest in.  Teach me to follow You as You designed.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment