Monday, April 15, 2019

God Uses People with a Past

Scripture:

“The Lord Yahweh answered him, “Arise and go! I have chosen this man to be my special messenger. He will be brought before kings, before many nations, and before the Jewish people to give them the revelation of who I am.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭9:15‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Ananias was told by the Lord to go to Saul, who was a perecutor of the Church, and speak to him and give him a message from the Lord.  The Lord said to Ananias, “I have chosen this man to be my special messenger.”  Ananias knew Saul as a murdered of the Church, but God said He had chosen him to be a special messenger.

Application:

We can never give up on those who are not serving God.  They may be the next Saul of Tarsus.  This persecutor of the Church ended up planting churches all over the place and writing 2/3 of the New Testament.  He was God’s chosen messenger, but most of us wouldn’t have wanted to be anywhere near him when God grabbed his life.  We can never judge a person based not their past.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see in people what You see in people.  Teach me to see what You are doing and to hear what You are speaking.  Help me to never give up on someone You have chosen because I see them differently than You do.  Empower my life to reach hard cases.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment