Saturday, April 20, 2019

A Clear Conscience

Scripture:

“That’s why I seek with all my heart to have a clean conscience toward God and toward others.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭24:16‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul was standing trial before Felix and in his defense he said this one line that spoke to me this morning.  He was defending his actions and said, “I seek with all my heart to have a clean conscience toward God and others”.  This is a powerful statement and one that should be said of us as well.

Application:

I want to have a clean conscience before God and men.  I always told my sons growing up that living with a clean conscience is awesome because you don’t have to worry about getting caught doing something or caught in a lie, etc.  A clean conscience is powerful because it saved you a lot of stress and anxiety.  When you are living with a clean conscience, you have nothing to worry about because you know you haven’t done anything that would get you in trouble.

Prayer:

Father, I want to live life with a clean conscience and a pure heart.  I want to live a life that pleases You above all.  Help me to make right decisions and to always do the right thing at all times.  Help me to live a life such that those who know me best, respect me most.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment