Saturday, April 27, 2019

Springs for the Thirsty

Scripture:

“So God caused water to gush out of a hollow in the ground at Lehi, and Samson was revived as he drank. Then he named that place “The Spring of the One Who Cried Out,” and it is still in Lehi to this day.”
‭‭Judges‬ ‭15:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Samson had just defeated 1000 Philistines with the jawbone of a donkey.  He was tired and thirsty and cried out to God saying he would die of thirst.  God caused water to gush out of a hollow in the ground at Lehi and Samson named it “The Spring of the One Who Cried Out”.  The spring kept on flowing even after Samson was filled.

Application:

Jesus said that He would cause a river of life to flow out of us.  He promised it would spring up into everlasting life.  In this story, we see that the spring came to the one who cried out from thirst.  I have always felt that God is moved toward the thirsty and then hungry.  When we are hungry and thirsty in spiritually, we will be filled.  At times in my life, I have had incredible thirst for the things of God and I have always been filled in this times.  I don’t know why the hunger and thirst wanes, but I want to live thirsty for a move of God.  I want to live hungry to see GOd flow at increasing levels.

Prayer:

Father, Let Your refreshing Spring be opened up.  I am thirsty for a move of God.  I am hungry for more of You in my life.  Let my life pour out life giving water to those who are thirsty.  Help me to continue to cry out to You for more of Your Spirit and to never be satisfied.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment