Friday, October 26, 2018

When God Arises to Fight

Scripture:

“But the one who redeems them is strong. His name is the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. He will defend them and give them rest again in Israel. But for the people of Babylon there will be no rest!”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭50:34‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah had prophesied concerning Babylon that she would overthrowJudah and Jerusalem because of the sins of God’s people.  Here he speaks about Babylon’s future.  Even though He was going to use them against His people, they would be judged for it in the future.  It says above that God will defend Israel, restore them to their land, and give Babylon no rest.

Application:

God may allow some things into our lives for a season, but there comes a time where He will say enough is enough and will arise to fight on behalf of His people.   God may allow the enemy to touch us for a season, but He will arise and defend His people.  He will bring utter devastation on His enemies and the enemies of His people.  He is strong and vengeance belongs to Him!

Prayer:

Lord, you know every detail of my life.  You know my ups and downs.  You know my good days and my bad days, yet You love me completely and will defend my case.  You are the God who brings vengeance on the enemies of His people.  Rise up and bring great victory in my life.  Rise up and fight on my behalf.  I entrust You with all vengeance and setting all records straight.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment