Thursday, October 18, 2018

God Can Use Anyone He Wants

Scripture:

“Now I will give your countries to King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, who is my servant. I have put everything, even the wild animals, under his control.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭27:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah speaks to all the nations around Babylon and tells them that Nebuchadnezzar is His servant and that they will be given into his hands.  God said that He put everything in Nebuchandnezzar’s control.  God used a pagan king to bring about His will.  He can use whoever He wants to bring about His will in the earth.

Application:

Just because God uses a person to accomplish His will, it does not mean that He approves of everything that person does.  God can use anyone He wants to bring about His purposes.  He will use people who have wrong theology, are not good people, etc.  Therefore, because God uses someone, it does not mean that everything they say is correct and that God approves of their lifestyle, etc.  God’s anointing does not equal God’s approval.  Our goal is not for God to use us, but for our walk with God to be sure and strong.  The relationship  is more important than being used by Him.

Prayer:

Father, You can use a donkey or a pagan king to bring about Your will in the earth.  You are all-powerful and Your ways are above my ways.  Your thoughts are above my thoughts.  You are amazing!  Help me to walk close with You.  I don’t want to be the one You use, but don’t approve of. I want to be a vessel of gold in Your hands.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment