Tuesday, October 23, 2018

The Lies We Tell

Scripture:

“Jeremiah the prophet. They said, “Please pray to the Lord your God for us. As you can see, we are only a tiny remnant compared to what we were before. Pray that the Lord your God will show us what to do and where to go.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭42:2-3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

These people were in Jerusalem after most of the country had been deported.  They came to Jeremiah and told him to pray to the Lord and He would show them what to do and where to go.   Jeremiah prayed and told them exactly what the Lord said, “Stay here and I will bless and protect you.  God to Egypt and you will die.”  The people didn’t end up doing what the Lord said, but what they thought was best.

Application:

So often I pray similar prayers, Lord if You just show me what to do, I will do it.  I am guilty of doing the exact same thing because what I feel the Lord saying doesn’t match what I think will work out.  There is also the fact that the voice of the Lord can be very difficult to discern.  I want to do what the Lord wants, but I need to hear clearly.

Prayer:

Lord, let me not be like the crew here who prayed and heard, but because it didn’t make sense to them, refused to do what You said. Teach me to hear Your voice and then give me the strength to respond quickly and passionately.  Help me to lead Your people well and let my life be a demonstration of a life that fully followed the Lord.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment