Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Justice

Scripture:

“This is what the Lord says to the dynasty of David: “‘Give justice each morning to the people you judge! Help those who have been robbed; rescue them from their oppressors. Otherwise, my anger will burn like an unquenchable fire because of all your sins.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭21:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God was telling Jeremiah all the terrible things He had in store for Jush and Jerusalem.  In tho process of this, He tells them to start giving justice each morning.  He tells them to help those who have been robbed from their oppressors.  God is a just God who wants justice for all people.  He hates to see people suffer wrongfully.

Application:

I don’t think very often about the justice of God.  I would say with my mouth that He is a just God, but I haven’t been good at defending the case of the oppressed and making sure people are treated fairly.  I have been reading much in my masters program about God’s justice and am realizing just how important this is to Him.  I need to be more involved in justice missions, which touch the heart of who God is.

Prayer:

Father, show me how to get involved in bringing justice to those who are oppressed.  Jesus, I understand that You came to set free those who were captive and preach the Gospel to the poor.  Show me areas I can get involved in that reflect Your will and give me the strength to do something about it.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment