Monday, October 15, 2018

Loving God’s Word

Scripture:

“When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭15:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah says here that when he found God’s words, he devoured them and they brought joy and were his heart’s delight.  His hunger for God’s word was strong and was his source of life.  He ate them like a person who had been without food for  a while.  He includes here that he bears the Lord’s name.  

Application:

If we bear the Lord’s name, maybe we should know and love His words.  When we bear someone’s name, we should know what they represent.  When we bear the name of someone or something, we should know who they are and what they represent.  God’s word tells us who He is and what He represents.  If we are going to bear His name, we should read His book so we can accurately represent Him.

Prayer:

Lord, let me love Your words like Jeremiah.  Later he says they were a fire shut up in his bones.  Let Your word come alive to me.  Let me hunger for it like Jeremiah did.  Let me accurately represent You to the world and let me know You more and more through Your word and through Your Spirit.  I want to know who I represent as Your ambassador.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment