Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Fountain or Cistern?

Scripture:

““For my people have done two evil things: They have abandoned me— the fountain of living water. And they have dug for themselves cracked cisterns that can hold no water at all!”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Lord speaks to Jeremiah here about how His people have treated Him in walking away from Him to worship and serve other gods.  He says they have abandoned the fountain of living water and dung cisterns that are cracked and can’t even hold water.  Their man-made idols couldn’t hold any water and they left the fountain of living water to trust in their own idols.

Application:

Am I gettin water from the living fountain of life or am I feeding on things I have made?  I want to live a life full of the Holy Spirit and fire.  I want to live a life full of Zoe life.  I don’t want to trust myself, or my way of doing things, over His way.  I want living water to flow to me and through me.

Prayer:

Lord, let Your Holy Spirit flow into and through my life.  I don’t want cracked cisterns that I think will work.  I want Your presence and power in my life.  Help me to trust You more and more each day.  Show me areas of my life where I am trusting myself or some other thing instead of trusting You.  You are my everything and I want to reflect You well to the world.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment