Friday, October 19, 2018

Seeking God Wholeheartedly

Scripture:

Prayer“If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:13-14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah gives the people a word from the Lord.  He has been telling them that they were going to be overtaken by Babylon and here tells them that when they are in exile they need to seek the Lord wholeheartedly.  He tells them that, even though the Lord is punishing you, He will also bring you back and restore you if you will seek Him wholeheartedly.

Application:

No matter what we have done, it not done, when God’s people turn toward Him with all their heart, soul, mind and strength, He will turn things around for them.  As a follower of Christ, my job is to remain in constant pursuit of Him.  My job is to seek Him.  When I do that, He will restore His blessings in my life.  He is faithful, yet we must remain faithful to Him if we want to walk in His blessing.

Prayer:

Lord, strengthen my life.  Help me to be a seeker of You and Your will for my life.  Let me never stop seeking You.  Give me to desire to know You more and more.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment