Thursday, October 11, 2018

Surrender Pride and Power

Scripture:

“O people of Judah and Jerusalem, surrender your pride and power. Change your hearts before the Lord, or my anger will burn like an unquenchable fire because of all your sins.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭4:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God speaks here to Judah and tells the to surrender their pride and power.  He tells them to change their hearts before the Lord.  He goes on to tell them that their sins were bringing on his unquenchable anger because of their sins.  God doesn’t take sin and pride lightly.

Application:

God hates sin.  We must understand this and determine in our hearts to live lives that please Him.  He is worthy of the best.  Jesus gave His life to empower us to live as He lived.  He sets a high standard for His people, but He also gave us His Spirit to enable us to live the way He wants us to.  We must cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and make sure we are living above sin.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to live my life above sin.  I don’t want anything to separate me from You.  I want to be pure and live in Your favor and not Your wrath.  I want my life to bring You glory.  Fill me fresh with Your Spirit and help me to live in a way that pleases You completely.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment