Monday, October 22, 2018

The Blessings of Obedience

Scripture:

“But I am going to take off your chains and let you go. If you want to come with me to Babylon, you are welcome. I will see that you are well cared for. But if you don’t want to come, you may stay here. The whole land is before you—go wherever you like.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭40:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah had been obedient to the Lord in all things.  He had wholeheartedly followed the Lord.  He never misrepresented the Lord and His word.  He told the truth, even when it landed him in prison, cisterns, and near death.  In the end, the enemy of his country honored him and said he could live wherever he wanted and made sure he was taken care of.

Application:

When you are faithful to God in the good time and in the bad times, He will eventually raise you up and cause your to be blessed for your obedience.  God sees every time we are mistreated or ill-spoken of.  He sees faithfulness and always honors it.  Faithfulness isn’t seen in the easy times, but in the hard times.  Just as Jeremiah, I need to speak the word of the Lord, whether people like it or not.  I need to honor the Lord over everyone else, then I can expect His blessings in the long run.

Prayer:

Father, I want to be faithful to You and represent You well.  I want to accurately speak on Your behalf as Jeremiah did.  He was faithful to speak Your words, even when Your words got him in serious trouble.  It would have been easier to say nothing, but he always declared Your word.  Help me to live more like him and be concerned less with what people think.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment