Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Speaking Prophetically

Scripture:

““I have not sent these prophets, yet they run around claiming to speak for me. I have given them no message, yet they go on prophesying.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭23:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here through Jeremiah about His feelings concerning all of the prophets who were telling Judah and Jerusalem that everything was good and that God was going to bless them.  He says that He didn’t send these prophets and He didn’t give them a message, but they go on prophesying.  It angered God that prophets were putting words in His mouth that He didn’t say.

Application:

I need to be very cautious about prophetic words.  God takes very seriously those who say they are speaking for Him, but haven’t heard from Him.  I want my ears to be opened so I can accurately speak the Word of the Lord to His people.  I want to accurately speak what God is speaking and I know that only comes through times of deep prayer.  I need to spend more time in prayer and the presence of the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, let me accurately represent You to Your people.  Help me not to speak out of my own emotions or feelings, but to speak the true words of the Lord.  I want to hear Your voice and deliver what You give me.  Help me to walk with You closer each day.  I want to know You more.  

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment