Friday, October 12, 2018

Superficial Treatments

Scripture:

“They offer superficial treatments for my people’s mortal wound. They give assurances of peace when there is no peace.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭8:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah is speaking a word from the Lord concerning Judah and her rebellion against Him.  He calls the prophets and priests frauds who give superficial treatments to mortal wounds.  This is powerful language to describe how God feels when His word is not communicated correctly to His people.  He was very angry at the prophets and priests in this passage.

Application:

I need to make sure I am accurately representing the God I serve wherever He gives me the opportunity to preach or minister in Him name.  I don’t want to give a message the people like, but not help them see the truth of their situations.  I don’t want to give assurances of peace when there is no peace.  God took this very seriously in the Old Testament and we need to see His heart concerning giving people truth instead of what they want to hear.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to accurately represent You wherever I declare Your word and Your truth.  Help me not to give out what people want to hear, but what You want to communicate.  Let me hear Your voice above all other voices and let me declare Your word in power and grace. Teach me to represent You well.  I want to follow You completely.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment