Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Washed Robes

Scripture:

Revelation 22:14 "Blessed are they that wash their robes, that they may have the right to come to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city."

Observation:

In the book of Revelation, there is much talk of white robes.  We are told earlier in Revelation that the white robes are the righteous acts of the saints.  Here, we see that having the right to come to the tree of life requires washing of the robes. 

Application:

There is much teaching today in the body of Christ about grace.  Many teach that we can live however we want because Jesus was the once and for all sacrifice for our sins.  Jesus paid the punishment for our sins, but we have to choose to walk in righteousness.  We have to decide to live above sin and follow His ways.  I want to have the right to come to the tree of life.  Therefore, I want to live holy before my God while on this earth.  I want to please Him in every way.

Prayer:

Father, wash me, cleanse me, and help me to live in righteousness according to Your ways.  Help me to walk with You closer and closer each day.  I want to serve You well and to make Your name great.  Purify my life and help me walk in purity and power all the days of my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment