Saturday, December 30, 2017

Don't Weary The Lord

Scripture:

Malachi 2:17  "Ye have wearied Jehovah with your words.  Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him?  In that ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of Jehovah, and he delighteth in them; or where is the God of justice?"

Observation:

Malachi tells God's people that they were wearying Him with their words.  They were saying they served the Lord, but their actions were not backing up their words.  They were telling people God was delighted with them, when actually they were not even right with God.  This was trying on the Lord's patience because they were not accurately depicting who God is.  His justice was being overlooked.

Application:

I think we are in dangerous waters today when I read verses like this.  Today we preach how God is head over heals in love with everyone, no matter how they are living.  We basically tell people they can do whatever they want and live however they want, and God is so radically in love with them that He doesn't look at the sin in their lives.  God doesn't delight in sin and iniquity.  He is a righteous God who empowers His people to live righteous lives.  We need to stop wearying the Lord's patience.

Prayer:

Father, let my life please You in every way.  Forgive me for taking Your sacrifice and love for granted.  Help me to live a life worthy of Christ's death.  Let me accurately reflect You when I preach to people.  Help me to rightly divide the word of truth.  I don't want to bless what You are cursing and curse what You are blessing.  Lead me Holy Spirit.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment