Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Shepherd Prophet

Scripture:

Amos 1:1 "The words of Amos, who was among the herdsmen of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of Joash king of Israel, two years before the earthquake."

Observation:

The book of Amos is a short, powerful little book of some prophesies by a prophet who was among the shepherds of Tekoa.  He apparently wasn't trained in the school of the prophets and probably didn't travel with a group of prophets as was customary in his times.  He was a shepherd who heard the voice of the Lord and apparently his message made its way to kings.

Application:

God can raise up someone out of nowhere to guide a country, speak to a nation, or to advise presidents and kings.  God can speak, and does speak to those of lowly estate, and allows their voice to be heard by leaders of nations.  God doesn't look at your resume when He needs something done, He looks at your heart and your willingness.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk with You and be willing to do whatever You speak in my life.  I avail myself to You this morning.  Speak through me.  Work through me.  Help me to walk in tune with You and to do Your will in the earth.  Let my life bring Your praise.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment