Thursday, December 7, 2017

Seek God and Live

Scripture:

Amos 5:4 "For thus saith Jehovah unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live."

Observation:

God had been speaking about the destruction of Israel before this portion.  He was talking about only one tenth of the population surviving His destruction, then He send them this message, "Seek ye me, and ye shall live".  He sent a clear way out of the consequences they were facing.

Application:

There is life in seeking God.  He is the author of life and He loves it when His people seek Him.  To seek means to search for.  We must search out what God is doing and who He is.  We must look for Him like we look for our lost cell phones.  We must pursue Him at all times.  He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Prayer:

Father, help me to always be a seeker of God.  Let my life be full of times of seeking the Lord.  In You is everything I need.  You are my provider, my sustainer, my guide.  You are my source and my resource.  You are all I need.  Help me to never stop seeking You.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment