Saturday, December 23, 2017

Seek Jehovah

Scripture:

Zephaniah 2:3  "Seek ye Jehovah, all ye meek of the earth, that have kept his ordinances; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye will be hid in the day of Jehovah's anger."

Observation:

Zephaniah was talking to people who were about to be punished by the Lord.  God was about to destroy many nations who were not following him.  To this people, Zephaniah says, "Seek ye Jehovah".  He was telling them that if they sought the Lord and righteousness, He may hide them in the time of his anger.

Application:

God can hide his people, even in times of His own wrath.  He that dwells in the secret place of the most high will be hidden from God's wrath and all other calamity.  The best thing we can do as we see the last days coming is to seek the Lord and seek His righteousness.  I want to be hidden away with Him.

Prayer:

Father, make me a seeker of You.  Help me to continue to seek Your face all the days of my life.  Draw me more and more into Your presence.  I want to be hidden under Your wings and to be close to You.  Teach me to follow You more closely each day.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment