Saturday, December 2, 2017

Grow

Scripture:

II Peter 3:18 "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.  To him be the glory both now and forever."

Observation:

At the end of his letter, Peter tells his audience that, instead of falling away toward false prophecies and teaching, they should grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He is saying that this will keep you from falling prey to all the crazy doctrines that will arise as the coming of Christ is closer.

Application:

We are told here to grow in grace and knowledge.  This is a command for us, not a prayer by Peter.  In other words, our growth is on us.  We have to make the decision to grow in grace and knowledge.  In both cases, we grow by knowing Christ more.  We grow in grace when we know that author of grace and we grow in knowledge by studying His word and life.  I need to take my growth seriously, especially in this time of my master's program.

Prayer:

Father, help me grow in grace and in knowledge of You.  Teach me Your word.  Show me how to grow in the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Help me understand more clearly what exactly that means.  Work in my life and make me more like Jesus every day.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment